Tuesday, September 15, 2015

I800A approval!

I've been putting off writing a new blog post because I really didn't have an update to share.  Well, this afternoon I got an email that our I800A has been approved.  Woohoo! Now, in a few days the official approval notice will come in the mail.  Once we have that final piece of our dossier, we'll get a few more authentications and and be DTC ( dossier to China ) in a matter of weeks.  This a a huge milestone in the adoption process!  Along with being DTC comes a big payment to our agency, we have more than half of it and are hoping to raise the remaining portion with a yard sale and t-shirt sales.  Our "be Brave" shirts have arrived and are awesome!  Email me at sloankari78@gmail.com if you want one. Baseball tees are $25 adult sizes and regular t-shirts are $20 toddler and youth.





In other news… we have 2 new pictures of our little guy.  A lot of times in the adoption process you may only get a few pictures total, but fortunately Gabe is in foster home that happens to have a Facebook page and occasionally they post pictures of him.  I know I say it all the time but the waiting is so hard.  Mike and I both have been dreaming about Gabe lately, dreaming that we have him with us, but then we wake up and remember we still have months to go. So, we study the pictures we have and we watch the couple of videos we have and keep on waiting for the day.

Thank you for following along on our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment