Thursday, December 17, 2015

LOA & I800

We received our hard copy of LOA on Tuesday, we signed, dated and sent it back to our agency and yesterday they sent our I800 paperwork to USCIS, this approval takes about 3 weeks maybe less but if it is less it won't matter because our agency will be closed from Christmas- January 4th.  I got really excited when I read one sentence in an email from our case worker, here is part of it  "As we enter the last two steps of the process, I want to make sure………….."  I can hardly believe we finally made it this far!

Time frame for travel:
1800 approval- 3 weeks
Article 5 approval- 2-3 weeks
Travel Approval- 3 days- 2 weeks (recently on the shorter end)
Another 2-3 weeks til we get on a plane

Somewhere between 8- 11 weeks we will be meeting our son! Not sure yet how Chinese New Year will effect our travel but we may be delayed a week for that.

The picture above is the very first picture I saw of Gong Xin, before his adoption paperwork was prepared and before I knew he was our son. This was when he first arrived at Bethel from his orphanage, he was 18 months old.

Below is a link to the second video we received. Make sure your volume is turned on so you can hear the adorable giggles.





                     

No comments:

Post a Comment