Thursday, December 31, 2015

I800 Delay

what a rollercoaster of a week it's been! Earlier this week we had the sweetest gift dropped off on our front porch for Gabe, Braille alphabet tiles. That was such a thoughtful and unexpected surprise! Thank you, Sara!!  Then, a couple days ago Bethel posted a couple of really sweet photos of our little guy, so that was exciting! Yesterday was the most frustrating day. I called USCIS to check on the status of our I800 because it's been two weeks and we should of gotten a receipt notice in the mail. Well, there is no record of it in their system, it's apparently lost. One top of that our agency is closed  until the 4th and we'll have to wait until then to do anything about it. Our I800 approval will now take over a month when it should have been approved any day now.  Today, I am mostly over the frustration and accepting that God has a plan and He is always on time. In the grand scheme of things we will have Gabriel in our arms very soon and none of these silly delays will matter. We also got our new I800A approval in the mail today. This is just something we will need to bring with us when we travel, it's just an update showing that Jake is now 18.  We have a lot to do in the next couple months before we travel so I'm going to focus on that and try to remember everything if that's possible.

I'm hoping Gabe received the Christmas gift we sent but I haven't heard anything yet.
Here are the pictures from this week. It's good to know he is so well loved.


Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment